Dr Andrew Zakarian Reviewed by
Missus F. A Google User
A superb dentist! He is very gentle, with great staff and is a holistic practitioner, so doesn't use fluoride and uses bio-compatible products for fillings and caps. I went to him because he removes & replaces mercury fillings in a safe way, following the Huggins protocol!
- Beautiful office with a soothing atmosphere - very rare for a dental office! Dr. Zakarian is lovely, very gentle when giving shots and a great dentist. He only diagnoses what absolutely has to be done and is quite conservative in his findings - you won't be ripped off here! We love the fact he is holistic and doesn't use Fluoride or mercury fillings...in fact, he is the only Huggins provider south of Los Angeles. Love his staff too~ A Google User
- Dr. Z is the best dentist I have seen. I had a really bad experience with Poway Family Dental, so I came to Natural Dental Arts. The staff here was super friendly and professional. It feels GREAT to have personal service from a small office like Dr. Zakarian's rather than a Corporate Dentist that treats you like a walking $ sign. Rebecca, the office manager requested my x-rays from my previous dentist to save me money and Dr. Z gave me an honest consultation regarding my treatment plan. At my previous dentist, they tried to upsell me on unnecessary services. Dr. Z and staff gave me choices and explained the benefits... offering advice and choices that would benefit me the most. For once I actually have a relationship with my doctor and look forward to my next visit ~ A Google User
- Dr. Zakarian and his entire team are wonderful! I had my first appointment yesterday. I felt that Dr. Zakarian, aside from being aligned with my holistic approach to life, was very thorough and thoughtful. His staff is meticulous. My teeth have never felt as clean the day after! Everyone is so nice and willing to accommodate your needs. I have a healthy fear of dentists, but was put at ease at Dr. Zakarian's office. I know I'm in good hands. ~ Giovanna M.
- Dr. Zakarian is a marvel. Okay I am exaggerating. He is just a wonderful dentist that has been serving the area for several years. I have gotten to know him well through his service and his recommendations for other oral services for orthodontia, oral surgery and other dental requirements outside of his purview. I would recommend him to more people as much as I can because he knows how to treat his patients with humor, a nice and quiet environment and of course an atmosphere of no pressure regarding getting work done unless its necessary. He understands if you are not able to immediately get everything you need done based on the cost of services, he is willing to explain what is most important to take care of. ~ Melanio F.
- I like Dr Zakarian's office because they are naturalists. They don't believe in unnecessary treatments and always opt for natural remedies. I have a lot of issues and feel like I can work with him to help prevent these issues in the future. I usually have tons of questions and he makes sure they are all answered. The front desk person, Rebecca, is so sweet and sincere. Always takes time to listen and fit me in when it works for me. ~ Cristyn C.
- This is by far the best dentist I've ever had. All the great things people say about him are so very true. In fact, because I have such a great experience there...I think I go without hesitation, where in the past Id avoid the dentist only delaying the inevitable. Dr. Z and his staff are warm, welcoming, and smart! I had to have a tooth removed and fillings replaced and he was great in both instances. Plus...he and his staff are awesome people to top it all off! ~ L.V.
- Dr. Zakarian was wonderful! He has great bedside manners and a friendly personality. All the receptionists are extremely sweet and friendly, you feel like they actually care that you are there. Plus you get a discount when you pay by cash/check! I will most definitely be coming back here for all my dental needs. ~ Andrew H.
- Dr. Z initially saved me close to $10,000 by treating me conservatively and naturally. I have had a Holistic Clinic in San Diego for over 20 years and initially I was apprehensive to Dr. Z's use of the word "holistic". This term has been used without substantial training by many. The reality is he is significantly trained in all aspects of Dentistry and health and brings that to his patients in a very professional and personal way. Dr Z is constantly taking advanced training. I have had nothing but good reports from all the patients I have refered to him as well as my family, and we are all a picky group. Dr. Z is a perfectionsist....I want that in a Dentist. ~ Brett S.
- Dr. Zakarian is an absolutely amazing dentist! He did an incredible job in repairing the tooth that others had recommended for extraction and the bridge he made looks (and feels!) so natural that even I can't tell the difference between the bridge and my 'real' teeth. After a long time, I finally found a dentist who is caring, professional, and whom I completely trust. Needless to say, I highly recommend him! ~ Anon
- Dr. Zakarian is outstanding! He combines the latest dental techniques with new concepts in "alternative healing". He's helped my husband and myself with several teeth issues (including receding gums and teeth grinding) that three other doctors could not figure out. We recommend "Dr. Z" to everyone we know. ~ Anon
- Excellent dentist. Has a sense of humor and helpful if you are not ready to commit to major adjustments. Helpful and recommends other specialists. You will be assured a good dentist when you sign up with Dr. Zakarian. ~ Anon
Oxidation is a term that most people associate with free radicals, or even smog. Oxidation, for many, is a reminder that we must guard our bodies with antioxidant rich foods and supplementation. In the clinical setting, oxidants have been shown as exceedingly beneficial, successfully treating conditions ranging from viral infections to arthritis and chronic joint pain. Among the most powerful therapies, used for ages, is ozone. Used in the dental setting, ozone therapy provides a path towards healing.
Ozone is a natural element, formed when oxygen meets electrical energy, such as when lightning strikes or when it rains. This interaction causes oxygen atoms to restructure with a third atom (O3) temporarily. In clinical settings, ozone is created using state-of-the-art equipment that simulates lightning via an electrical charge.
Research studies on ozone have led to the discovery of various properties that make it an ideal inclusion in integrative therapies. This powerful oxidizer is capable of destroying parasites, viruses, fungi, and bacteria on contact. In comparison to chlorine, another anti-bacterial, ozone is non-toxic and far more powerful, having thousands of times more power per molecule than chlorine. This power destroys pathogenic organisms at a rate of 3,500 times more rapidly than chlorine.
Why ozone in dentistry?
Dentists are continually battling infection, both in the hard and soft tissues of the mouth. Oral infections occur because of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens, and may develop from a single organism, or a combination of various types. The problem with oral infections is that, as research shows, they are not isolated to the teeth and gums. These infections are caused by living organisms who are willing and able to travel to various other organs and tissues. The oral-systemic link is clear, and it is startling.
Holistic dental practices such as our San Diego office incorporate ozone into treatments as a way to:
- Eliminate pathogens
- Restore the proper metabolism of oxygen
- Increase circulation
- Activate immune function
- Simulate the humoral antioxidant system
- Create a more friendly oral environment
Being so closely related to oxygen, ozone is admired for its safety and efficacy. Our patients can experience the benefits of ozone treatments, and can learn more by discussing this therapy with Dr. Zakarian during their initial consultation. More details on ozone in dentistry can also be obtained by visiting www.iaomt.org
Contact Natural Dental Arts for your consultation with Dr. Andrew Zakarian.